Lighting products are electrical components that illuminate light. The light in these devices have visible and non-visible wavelengths produced by electromagnetic radiation. Wavelengths are classified into seven types, namely: infrared, microwave, radio, gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet, and visible light.
In this category we have classified products into 9 sub-sections from LED light bars, Specialty lighting, Task & inspection lighting, floodlights, bulkhead lighting, down lighting, LED harsh environment lighting, lamps & tubes and lighting accessories.
There are two sources of light for lighting products: luminescence and incandescence.
- Luminescence is produced at lower temperatures. When an electron’s energy level goes down, it releases some energy that transforms into electromagnetic radiation. It gives off a specific colored light.
- Incandescence involves atoms. Heating these atoms in high temperatures releases thermal vibration that turn to electromagnetic radiation. Its colors and energies vary according to temperature. Light bulbs, fire, and the sun are examples of incandescent light sources.
Types of Lighting Products
- Accent lighting is used to draw attention to a focal point. It is also intended to add some drama and style to a scene. It illuminates a specific part and shadows the rest of the areas. For a more impressive effect, adding more light to ambient lighting (at least three times more) is ideal. Examples of accent lighting fixtures are directional recessed fixtures, track lights, and wall-mounted fixtures.
- Ambient lighting is used to fully light up a room. The illumination level is uniform, with the light bouncing off the walls. Examples of ambient indoor lighting fixtures include LED downlights, table lamps, floor lamps, and chandeliers.
There are also fixtures specifically intended for ambient outdoor lighting. These are lights that are used to improve security and visibility around structures like buildings or homes, as well as outdoor stairs and entrances. Some examples are post lanterns, spotlights, garage and canopy lights, and hanging fixtures.
- Task lighting provides lights to a localized area that is essential to the completion of a task. The brightness level is just the right amount while the glare is significantly reduced. This type of lighting is used for tasks like cooking, reading, and any artistic endeavor. Common examples are pendant lighting, desk or portable lamps, and directional gimbal recessed fixtures.
Special types of lighting are used for industry-specific purposes, like the lights used during concerts and video shoots, stage lights for theatrical entertainment, and Fresnel lights and strobe lights for events.