LP2951CN/NOPB Part Information
The LP2950-N and LP2951-N are micropower voltage regulators with very low quiescent current (75 μA typical) and very low dropout voltage (typical 40 mV at light loads and 380 mV at 100 mA). They are ideally suited for use in battery-powered systems. Furthermore, the quiescent current of the device increases only slightly in dropout, prolonging battery life. Careful design of the LP2950-N/LP2951-N has minimized all contributions to the error budget. This includes a tight initial tolerance (0.5% typical), extremely good load and line regulation (0.05% typical) and a very low output voltage temperature coefficient, making the part useful as a low-power voltage reference. One such feature is an error flag output which warns of a low output voltage, often due to falling batteries on the input. It may be used for a power-on reset. A second feature is the logic-compatible shutdown input which enables the regulator to be switched on and off. Also, the part may be pin-strapped for a 5-V, 3-V, or 3.3-V output (depending on the version), or programmed from 1.24 V to 29 V with an external pair of resistors. The LP2950-N is available in the surface-mount TO252 package and in the popular 3-pin TO-92 package for pin-compatibility with older 5-V regulators. The 8pin LP2951-N is available in plastic, ceramic dual-inline, WSON, or metal can packages and offers additional system functions.
- 5-V, 3-V, and 3.3-V Output Voltage Versions Available
- Current and Thermal Limiting
- Ensured 100-mA Output Current
- Extremely Low Quiescent Current
- Extremely Tight Load and Line Regulation
- High Accuracy Output Voltage
- Input Voltage Range: 2.3 V to 30 V
- LP2951-N Versions Only:
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Needs Minimum Capacitance for Stability
- Stable With Low-ESR Output Capacitors (10 mu2126 to 6 u2126)
- Use as Regulator or Reference
- Very Low Temperature Coefficient
|Input Voltage Min||2.3V|
|Input Voltage Max||30V|
|Fixed Output Voltage Nom.||-|
|Adjustable Output Voltage Min||1.24V|
|Adjustable Output Voltage Max||29V|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Voltage regulator,LP2951CN 29V | RS Components
- ADJUSTABLE LDO VOLTAGE REGULATOR, 1.24V TO 29V 0.1A 8-DIP; Output Type:Adjustable; Input Voltage Min:2.3V; Input Voltage Max:30V; Fixed Output Voltage Nom.:-; Adjustable Output Voltage Min:1.24V; Adjustable Output Voltage Max:29V RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- LDO Regulator Pos 1.24V to 29V 0.1A 8-Pin PDIP Rail | Avnet America
- 100-mA, 30-V, low-dropout voltage regulator with power good & enable | Texas Instruments
- LDO Voltage Regulator [Texas Instruments] LP2951CN/NOPB LDO Voltage Regulator | Distrelec
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LP2951CN/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LP2951CN/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LP2951CN/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LP2951CN/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LP2951CN/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LP2951CN/NOPB fall under?
The LP2951CN/NOPB is listed under Semiconductors - ICs > Power Management ICs - PMIC > Voltage Regulators.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LP2951CN/NOPB when available in the Voltage Regulators range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LP2951CN/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LP2951CN/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LP2951CN/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including RS Components, Newark Electronics, Avnet America, Texas Instruments and Distrelec have stock available or on a lead time for LP2951CN/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LP2951CN/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LP2951CN/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LP2951CN/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.