LM5110-3M/NOPB Part Information
The LM5110 Dual Gate Driver replaces industry standard gate drivers with improved peak output current and efficiency. Each “compound” output driver stage includes MOS and bipolar transistors operating in parallel that together sink more than 5A peak from capacitive loads. Combining the unique characteristics of MOS and bipolar devices reduces drive current variation with voltage and temperature. Separate input and output ground pins provide Negative Drive Capability allowing the user to drive MOSFET gates with positive and negative VGS voltages. The gate driver control inputs are referenced to a dedicated input ground (IN_REF). The gate driver outputs swing from VCC to the output ground VEE which can be negative with respect to IN_REF. Undervoltage lockout protection and a shutdown input pin are also provided. The drivers can be operated in parallel with inputs and outputs connected to double the drive current capability. This device is available in the SOIC-8 and the thermallyenhanced WSON-10 packages.
- 5A sink/3A Source Current Capability
- Available in Dual Noninverting, Dual Inverting and Combination Configurations
- Compound CMOS and Bipolar Outputs Reduce Output Current Variation
- Dedicated Input Ground Pin (IN_REF) for Split Supply or Single Supply Operation
- Fast Propagation Times (25-ns Typical)
- Fast Rise and Fall Times (14-ns/12-ns Rise/Fall With 2-nF Load)
- Independent Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Independently Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs
- Outputs Swing from VCC to VEE Which Can Be Negative Relative to Input Ground
- Pin-Out Compatible With Industry Standard Gate Drivers
- Shutdown Input Provides Low Power Mode
- Supply Rail Undervoltage Lockout Protection
- Two Channels can be Connected in Parallel to Double the Drive Current
|Driver Configuration||Low Side|
|Peak Output Current||5A|
|Supply Voltage Min||3.5V|
|Supply Voltage Max||14V|
|Driver Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- COMPOUND GATE DRIVER, LOW SIDE, SOIC-8; Driver Configuration:Low Side; Peak Output Current:5A; Supply Voltage Min:3.5V; Supply Voltage Max:14V; Driver Case Style:SOIC; No. of Pins:8Pins; Input Delay:25ns; Output Delay:25ns; OperatingRoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 5-A/3-A dual channel gate driver with 4-V UVLO, dedicated input ground, and shutdown input | Texas Instruments
- [Texas Instruments] LM5110-3M/NOPB | Distrelec
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LM5110-3M/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LM5110-3M/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LM5110-3M/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LM5110-3M/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LM5110-3M/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LM5110-3M/NOPB fall under?
The LM5110-3M/NOPB is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LM5110-3M/NOPB when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LM5110-3M/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LM5110-3M/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LM5110-3M/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Texas Instruments and Distrelec have stock available or on a lead time for LM5110-3M/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LM5110-3M/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LM5110-3M/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LM5110-3M/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.