TCA9539PWR Part Information
The TCA9539 is a 24-pin device that provides 16 bits of general purpose parallel input and output (I/O) expansion for the two-line bidirectional I2C bus (or SMBus protocol). The device can operate with a power supply voltage (VCC) range from 1.65 V to 5.5 V. The device supports 100-kHz (I2C Standard mode) and 400-kHz (I2C Fast mode) clock frequencies. I/O expanders such as the TCA9539 provide a simple solution when additional I/Os are needed for switches, sensors, push-buttons, LEDs, fans, and other similar devices. The features of the TCA9539 include an interrupt that is generated on the INT pin whenever an input port changes state. The A0 and A1 hardware selectable address pins allow up to four TCA9539 devices on the same I2C bus. The device can be reset to its default state by cycling the power supply and causing a power-on-reset. Also, the TCA9539 has a hardware RESET pin that can be used to reset the device to its default state.
- 400-kHz Fast I2 C Bus
- 5-V Tolerant I/O Ports
- Active-Low Reset Input
- Address by Two Hardware Address Pins for Use of up to Four Devices
- Compatible With Most Microcontrollers
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- I2 C to Parallel Port Expander
- Input and Output Configuration Register
- Internal Power-on Reset
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Low Standby-Current Consumption
- No Glitch on Power Up
- Noise Filter on SCL and SDA Inputs
- Open-Drain Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Polarity Inversion Register
|IC Interface Type||I2C SMBus|
|Supply Voltage Min||1.65V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Interface Case Style||TSSOP|
|No. of Pins||24Pins|
|No. of I/O's||16I/O's|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- I/O EXPANDER, 16BIT, 400KHZ, TSSOP-24; Chip Configuration:16bit; Bus Frequency:400kHz; IC Interface Type:I2C, SMBus; Supply Voltage Min:1.65V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Interface Case Style:TSSOP; No. of Pins:24Pins; Product Range:- RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 16-bit 1.65- to 5.5-V I2C/SMBus I/O expander with interrupt, reset & config registers | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a TCA9539PWR?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for TCA9539PWR are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the TCA9539PWR image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for TCA9539PWR in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view TCA9539PWR price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does TCA9539PWR fall under?
The TCA9539PWR is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to TCA9539PWR when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the TCA9539PWR you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the TCA9539PWR RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for TCA9539PWR have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for TCA9539PWR.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for TCA9539PWR often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of TCA9539PWR?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for TCA9539PWR from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.