DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT Part Information
•dsPIC33Fs are designed to execute digital filter algorithms and high-speed precision digital control loops, ideal for applications that need to perform under pressure •General Purpose Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) with advanced analog and seamless migration options to PIC24F, PIC24H MCUs and dsPIC30F DSCs
- Operating Range:
- DC u2013 40 MIPS (40 MIPS @ 3.0-3.6V, -40u00b0C to +85u00b0C)
- DC u2013 40 MIPS (40 MIPS @ 3.0-3.6V, -40u00b0C to +125u00b0C)
- Industrial temperature range (-40u00b0C to +85u00b0C)
- Extended temperature range (-40u00b0C to +125u00b0C)
- High temperature range (-40u00b0C to +140u00b0C) High-Performance DSC CPU:
- Modified Harvard architecture
- C compiler optimized instruction set
- 16-bit wide data path
- 24-bit wide instructions
- Linear program memory addressing up to 4M instruction words
- Linear data memory addressing up to 64 Kbytes
- 83 base instructions: mostly 1 word/1 cycle
- Sixteen 16-bit General Purpose Registers
- Two 40-bit accumulators: - With rounding and saturation options
- Flexible and powerful addressing modes: - Indirect, Modulo and Bit-Reversed
- Software stack
- 16 x 16 fractional/integer multiply operations
- 32/16 and 16/16 divide operations
- Single-cycle multiply and accumulate: - Accumulator write back for DSP operations - Dual data fetch
- Up to u00b116-bit shifts for up to 40-bit data Direct Memory Access (DMA):
- 8-channel hardware DMA:
- 2 Kbytes dual ported DMA buffer area (DMA RAM) to store data transferred via DMA: - Allows data transfer between RAM and a peripheral while CPU is executing code (no cycle stealing)
- Most peripherals support DMA Interrupt Controller:
- 5-cycle latency
- 118 interrupt vectors
- Up to 67 available interrupt sources
- Up to 5 external interrupts
- 7 programmable priority levels
- 5 processor exceptions Digital I/O:
- Wake-up/Interrupt-on-Change on up to 24 pins
- Output pins can drive from 3.0V to 3.6V
- All digital input pins are 5V tolerant
- 4 mA sink on all I/O pins System Management:
- Flexible clock options: - External, crystal, resonator, internal RC - Fully integrated PLL - Extremely low jitter PLL
- Power-up Timer
- Oscillator Start-up Timer/Stabilizer
- Watchdog Timer with its own RC oscillator
- Fail-Safe Clock Monitor
- Reset by multiple sources Power Management:
- On-chip 2.5V voltage regulator
- Switch between clock sources in real time
- Idle, Sleep and Doze modes with fast wake-up Timers/Capture/Compare/PWM:
- Timer/Counters, up to nine 16-bit timers: - Can pair up to make four 32-bit timers - 1 timer runs as Real-Time Clock with external 32.768 kHz oscillator - Programmable prescaler
- Input Capture (up to 8 channels): - Capture on up, down or both edges - 16-bit capture input functions - 4-deep FIFO on each capture
- Output Compare (up to 8 channels): - Single or Dual 16-Bit Compare mode - 16-bit Glitchless PWM mode Communication Modules:
- 3-wire SPI (up to 2 modules): - Framing supports I/O interface to simple codecs - Supports 8-bit and 16-bit data - Supports all serial clock formats and sampling modes
- I2Cu2122 (up to 2 modules): - Full Multi-Master Slave mode support - 7-bit and 10-bit addressing - Bus collision detection and arbitration - Integrated signal conditioning - Slave address masking
- UART (up to 2 modules): - Interrupt on address bit detect - Interrupt on UART error - Wake-up on Start bit from Sleep mode - 4-character TX and RX FIFO buffers - LIN bus support - IrDAu00ae encoding and decoding in hardware - High-Speed Baud mode - Hardware Flow Control with CTS and RTS
- Data Converter Interface (DCI) module: - Codec interface - Supports I2S and ACu201997 protocols - Up to 16-bit data words, up to 16 words per frame - 4-word deep TX and RX buffers
- Enhanced CAN (ECANu2122 module) 2.0B active (up to 2 modules): - Up to 8 transmit and up to 32 receive buffers - 16 receive filters and 3 masks - Loopback, Listen Only and Listen All Messages modes for diagnostics and bus monitoring - Wake-up on CAN message - Automatic processing of Remote Transmission Requests - FIFO mode using DMA - DeviceNetu2122 addressing support Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs):
- Up to two ADC modules in a device
- 10-bit, 1.1 Msps or 12-bit, 500 Ksps conversion: - 2, 4 or 8 simultaneous samples - Up to 32 input channels with auto-scanning - Conversion start can be manual or synchronized with 1 of 4 trigger sources - Conversion possible in Sleep mode - u00b12 LSb max integral nonlinearity - u00b11 LSb max differential nonlinearity CMOS Flash Technology:
- Low-power, high-speed Flash technology
- Fully static design
- 3.3V (u00b110%) operating voltage
- Industrial temperature
- Extended temperature
- Low-power consumption
|Core||16-bit dsPIC DSC|
|CPU Type||16-bit dsPIC DSC|
|CPU Speed (MIPS/DMIPS)||40|
|Program Memory Type||Flash|
|Program Memory Size (KB)||256|
|Program Memory Size (KWords)||85|
|Secure Bootloader (CodeGuard™ Security)||Advanced|
|Emulated EEPROM in Flash||True|
|Direct Memory Access (DMA) Channels||8|
|Temp. Range Min.||-40|
|Temp. Range Max.||150|
|Operation Voltage Min.(V)||3|
|Operation Voltage Max.(V)||3.6|
|Max I/O Pins||85|
|Brown Out Reset (BOR)||BOR|
|Low Voltage Detection (LVD)||None|
|Power On Reset (POR)||Yes|
|Internal Oscillator||7.37 MHz, 32.768 kHz|
|Number of ADCs||2|
|Diff ADC Inputs||4 Unipolar Differential Inputs|
|Max ADC Sampling Rate (ksps)||1100|
|Max ADC Resolution (bits)||12|
|Max ADC Sample/Hold (S/H)||1|
|Max 16 Bit Digital Timers||9|
|Max 32 Bit Digital Timers||4|
|Watch Dog Timers (WDT)||Yes|
|Standalone Output Compare/ Standard PWM||8|
|Max # PWM outputs (including complementary outputs)||8|
|Number of PWM Time Bases||2|
|PWM Max Resolution (bits)||16|
|PWM Resolution (time ns)||25|
|Output Compare Channels||8|
|Number of CAN Modules||2|
|Type of CAN module||CAN|
|CAN Transmit Buffers||8|
|CAN Receive Buffers||32|
|Integrated Wireless Frequency||None|
|Class B Hardware||True|
|CODEC Interface (I2S, AC97)||Yes|
|Temperature Range||-40C to +85C|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- TQFP 16 BIT MCU/DSP 40MIPS 256KB FLASH ROHS COMPLIANT: YES | Newark Electronics
- dsPIC33F Series 30 kB RAM 256 kB Flash 16-Bit Digital Signal Controller TQFP-100 | Future Electronics EMEA
- MCU 16-bit dSPIC33 dsPIC RISC 256KB Flash 3.3V 100-Pin TQFP Tray | Avnet America
- 16 Bit MCU/DSP 100LD 40MIPS 256KB FLASH | Microchip Technology Inc
- MCU&DSP 256K Flash 32K RAM 2ECAN TQFP100 | Allied Electronics & Automation
- MCU 16-bit dSPIC33 dsPIC RISC 256KB Flash 3.3V 100-Pin TQFP Tray | Avnet Europe
- dsPIC33F Series 30 kB RAM 256 kB Flash 16-Bit Digital Signal Controller TQFP-100 | Future Electronics
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT fall under?
The DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT is listed under dsPIC33FJ256GP710A.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT when available in the dsPIC33FJ256GP710A range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT RoHS compliant?
This part has not been flagged as RoHS Compliant.
Which authorised distributors for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Future Electronics EMEA, Avnet America, Microchip Technology Inc and Allied Electronics & Automation have stock available or on a lead time for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for DSPIC33FJ256GP710A-I/PT from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.