MCP9700T-E/TT Part Information
- Linear Temperature Slope: 10mV/°C
- ±4°C Accuracy from 0°C to +70°C
- -4°C/+6°C Accuracy from -40°C to +150°C
- Very low Operating Current: 12µA (max)
- Operates from 2.3V to 5.5V
- No external Components Required
- Space-saving SC-70 Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified Grade 0
|# Temps Monitored||1|
|Typical Accuracy (°C)||1|
|Max Accuracy @ 25°C (°C)||4|
|Min Temp. Range (°C):||-40|
|Max Temp. Range (°C):||+150|
|Min Operating Voltage Range (V)||+2.3|
|Max Operating Voltage Range (V)||+5.5|
|Max Input/Supply Current (µA)||6|
|Resistance Error Correction||N/A|
|Reports Hottest Zone||N/A|
|Offset (Output at 0°C) (mV)||500|
|Temperature Range||-40C to +125C|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR, 2C, 3-SOT-23, FULL REEL; IC Output Type:Analogue; Sensing Accuracy Range:± 4°C; Sensing Temperature Min:0°C; Sensing Temperature Max:70°C; Sensor Case Style:SC-70; No. of Pins:3Pins; Supply Voltage Min:2.3V RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- MCP9700 Series 5 V -40 to +125░C Low-Power Linear Active Thermistor | Future Electronics EMEA
- Temp Sensor Analog 3-Pin SOT-23 T/R | Avnet America
- LENEAR ACTIVE THERMISTER 9TM) IC(10MV/OC) | Microchip Technology Inc
- Microchip MCP9700T-E/TT Temperature Sensor 3-Pin SOT-23, -40 - +125 degC | Allied Electronics & Automation
- Temp Sensor Analog 3-Pin SOT-23 T/R | Avnet Europe
- Temp Sensor Analog 3-Pin SOT-23 T/R | Avnet Asia
- Linear Active Thermistor IC [Microchip] MCP9700T-E/TT Linear Active Thermistor IC | Distrelec
- MCP9700 Series 5 V -40 to +125░C Low-Power Linear Active Thermistor | Future Electronics
Traditional NTC or PTC thermistors are relatively basic components - they are but a resistor who changes its value as the temperature of the substrate is modified by the environment. Should you still be working with an analog signal acquisition system, giving the MCP9700 a chance might be a good idea.
The innovation in Microchip's approach is that the MCP9700 is not a simple slab of thermo-sensitive material. Instead, the American semiconductor powerhouse embeds a relatively complex set of logic along with the actual semiconductor sensing element.
This way, developers and users do not need to worry much about keeping accuracy high. The datasheet promises an average accuracy of but two degrees over an extremely wide temperature range; this makes the MCP9700 a high accuracy analog temperature sensor ideally suited to applications where an ADC is available.
One example for this would be an MCP9700 Arduino camera sensor - the Arduino already has an ADC, so measuring the voltage provided by the MCP9700 sensor is not a significant cost burden. Do, however, also keep digital sensors at the back of your head - TCO, after all, is and remains a factor...
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a MCP9700T-E/TT?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for MCP9700T-E/TT are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the MCP9700T-E/TT image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for MCP9700T-E/TT in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view MCP9700T-E/TT price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does MCP9700T-E/TT fall under?
The MCP9700T-E/TT is listed under MCP9700.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to MCP9700T-E/TT when available in the MCP9700 range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the MCP9700T-E/TT you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the MCP9700T-E/TT RoHS compliant?
This part has not been flagged as RoHS Compliant.
Which authorised distributors for MCP9700T-E/TT have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Future Electronics EMEA, Avnet America, Microchip Technology Inc and Allied Electronics & Automation have stock available or on a lead time for MCP9700T-E/TT.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for MCP9700T-E/TT often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of MCP9700T-E/TT?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for MCP9700T-E/TT from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.