DS18B20+ Part Information
The DS18B20 digital thermometer provides 9-bit to 12-bit Celsius temperature measurements and has an alarm function with nonvolatile user-programmable upper and lower trigger points. The DS18B20 communicates over a 1-Wire bus that by definition requires only one data line (and ground) for communication with a central micro- processor. In addition, the DS18B20 can derive power directly from the data line (“parasite power”), eliminating the need for an external power supply. Each DS18B20 has a unique 64-bit serial code, which allows multiple DS18B20s to function on the same 1-Wire bus. Thus, it is simple to use one microprocessor to control many DS18B20s distributed over a large area. Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems inside buildings, equipment, or machinery, and process monitoring and control systems.
- Available in 8-Pin SO (150 mils), 8-Pin u00b5SOP, and
- Each Device Has a Unique 64-Bit Serial Code Stored in On-Board ROM
- Flexible User-Definable Nonvolatile (NV) Alarm Settings with Alarm Search Command Identifies Devices with Temperatures Outside Programmed Limits
- Measures Temperatures from -55u00b0C to +125u00b0C (-67u00b0F to +257u00b0F)
- No External Components Required
- Parasitic Power Mode Requires Only 2 Pins for Operation (DQ and GND)
- Programmable Resolution from 9 Bits to 12 Bits
- Reduce Component Count with Integrated Temperature Sensor and EEPROM
- Simplifies Distributed Temperature-Sensing Applications with Multidrop Capability
- Unique 1-Wireu00ae Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- u00b10.5u00b0C Accuracy from -10u00b0C to +85u00b0C
|IC Output Type||Digital|
|Sensing Accuracy Range||± 0.5°C|
|Sensing Temperature Min||-55°C|
|Sensing Temperature Max||+125°C|
|Sensor Case Style||TO-92|
|No. of Pins||3Pins|
|Supply Voltage Min||3V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Product Range||Digital Thermometer|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||To Be Advised|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (15-Jan-2018)|
|IC Generic Number||18B20|
|Logic Function Number||18B20|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Operating Temperature Range||-55°C to +125°C|
|Sensor / Transducer Type||Temperature|
|Supply Voltage Range||3V to 5.5V|
|Temperature Sensing Range||-55°C to +125°C|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- TEMP SENSOR, 0.5DEG C, TO-92-3; IC Output Type:Digital; Sensing Accuracy Range:± 0.5°C; Sensing Temperature Min:-55°C; Sensing Temperature Max:+125°C; Sensor Case Style:TO-92; No. of Pins:3Pins; Supply Voltage Min:3V; Product Range:-RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- DS18B20 Series 5.5 V Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer -TO-92 | Future Electronics EMEA
- Temp Sensor Digital Serial (1-Wire) 3-Pin TO-92 Bag | Avnet America
- IC: temperature sensor; digital thermometer; -55÷125°C; TO92; THT | Transfer Multisort Elektronik
- Temp Sensor Digital Serial (1-Wire) 3-Pin TO-92 Bag | Avnet Europe
- Temp Sensor Digital Serial (1-Wire) 3-Pin TO-92 Bag | Avnet Asia
- Dig. Therm. 1-Wire +-0,5°C TO92 | Schukat Electronic
- One-wire IC [Maxim] DS18B20+ One-wire IC | Distrelec
- DS18B20 Series 5.5 V Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer -TO-92 | Future Electronics
- DS18B20 Series 5.5 V Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer -TO-92 | Future Electronics APAC
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a DS18B20+?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for DS18B20+ are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the DS18B20+ image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for DS18B20+ in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view DS18B20+ price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does DS18B20+ fall under?
The DS18B20+ is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Sensors & Transducers > Sensors.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to DS18B20+ when available in the Sensors range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the DS18B20+ you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the DS18B20+ RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for DS18B20+ have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Future Electronics EMEA, Avnet America, Transfer Multisort Elektronik and Avnet Europe have stock available or on a lead time for DS18B20+.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for DS18B20+ often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of DS18B20+?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for DS18B20+ from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.