AMC1204BDWVR Part Information
The AMC1204 and AMC1204B are 1-bit digital output, isolated delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulators that can be clocked at up to 20 MHz. The digital isolation of the modulator output is provided by a silicon dioxide (SiO2) barrier that is highly resistant to magnetic interference. This barrier has been certified to provide basic galvanic isolation of up to 4000 VPEAK (AMC1204) and 4250 VPEAK (AMC1204B) according to UL1577, VDE V 0884-10, and CSA standards or specifications. The AMC1204 and AMC1204B provide a single-chip solution for measuring the small signal of a shunt resistor across an isolated barrier. These types of resistors are typically used to sense currents in motor control inverters, green energy generation systems, and other industrial applications. The AMC1204 and AMC1204B differential inputs easily connect to the shunt resistor or other low-level signal sources. An internal reference eliminates the need for external components. When used with an appropriate external digital filter, an effective number of bits (ENOB) of 14 is achieved at a data rate of 78 kSPS. A 5-V analog supply (AVDD) is used by the modulator while the isolated digital interface operates from a 3-V, 3.3-V, or 5-V supply (DVDD). The AMC1204 and AMC1204B are available in SOIC-16 (DW) and SOIC-8 (DWV) packages and are specified from –40°C to 105°C.
- Certified Digital Isolation: u2013 CSA, VDE V 0884-10, and UL1577 Approved u2013 Isolation Voltage: 4250 VPEAK (AMC1204B) u2013 Working Voltage: 1200 VPEAK u2013 Transient Immunity: 15 kV/u00b5s
- Excellent DC Precision: u2013 INL: u00b18LSB (Maximum) u2013 Gain Error: u00b12% (Maximum)
- External Clock Input for Easier Synchronization
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial
- High Electromagnetic Field Immunity (see Application Note SLLA181A)
- Long Isolation Barrier Lifetime (see Application Report SLLA197)
- Outstanding AC Performance: u2013 SNR: 84 dB (Minimum) u2013 THD: u201380 dB (Maximum)
- u00b1250-mV Input Voltage Range Optimized for Shunt Resistors
|Input Channel Type||Differential|
|Supply Voltage Type||Single|
|Supply Voltage Min||4.5V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|ADC / DAC Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Product Range||Single 16-Bit Sigma-Delta ADCs|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 3 - 168 hours|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- DELTA-SIGMA MOD, 16BIT, 78KSPS, SOIC-8; Resolution (Bits):16bit; Sampling Rate:78kSPS; Input Channel Type:Differential; Data Interface:Serial; Supply Voltage Type:Single; Supply Voltage Min:4.5V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; ADC / DAC RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 1-bit, 20-MHz, second-order, isolated delta-sigma modulator | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a AMC1204BDWVR?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for AMC1204BDWVR are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the AMC1204BDWVR image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for AMC1204BDWVR in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view AMC1204BDWVR price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does AMC1204BDWVR fall under?
The AMC1204BDWVR is listed under Semiconductors - ICs > Data & Signal Conversion > Analog-to-Digital Converters - ADC.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to AMC1204BDWVR when available in the Analog-to-Digital Converters - ADC range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the AMC1204BDWVR you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the AMC1204BDWVR RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for AMC1204BDWVR have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for AMC1204BDWVR.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for AMC1204BDWVR often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of AMC1204BDWVR?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for AMC1204BDWVR from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.