UCC21520DW Part Information
The UCC21520 is an isolated dual-channel gate driver with 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. It is designed to drive power MOSFETs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs up to 5-MHz with best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion. The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 5.7-kVRMS reinforced isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100-V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-side drivers allows a working voltage of up to 1500 VDC. This driver can be configured as two low-side drivers, two high-side drivers, or a half-bridge driver with programmable dead time (DT). A disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously when it is set high, and allows normal operation when left open or grounded. As a fail-safe measure, primary-side logic failures force both outputs low. The device accepts VDD supply voltages up to 25 V. A wide input VCCI range from 3 V to 18 V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All the supply voltage pins have under voltage lock-out (UVLO) protection. With all these advanced features, the UCC21520 enables high efficiency, high power density, and robustness in a wide variety of power applications.
- 3-V to 18-V Input VCCI Range to Interface with Both Digital and Analog Controllers
- 4-A Peak Source, 6-A Peak Sink Output
- Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) Greater than 100 V/ns
- Fast Disable for Power Sequencing
- Industry Standard Wide Body SOIC-16 (DW) Package
- Isolation Barrier Life >40 Years
- Operating Temperature Range u201340 to +125u00b0C
- Programmable Overlap and Dead Time
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter than 5 ns
- Safety-Related and Regulatory Approvals:
- Surge Immunity up to 12.8 kV
- Switching Parameters: u2013 19-ns Typical Propagation Delay u2013 10-ns Minimum Pulse Width u2013 5-ns Maximum Delay Matching u2013 5-ns Maximum Pulse-Width Distortion
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- Universal: Dual Low-Side, Dual High-Side or Half- Bridge Driver
- Up to 25-V VDD Output Drive Supply u2013 5-V and 8-V VDD UVLO Options
|Driver Configuration||Half Bridge|
|Peak Output Current||6A|
|Supply Voltage Min||6.5V|
|Supply Voltage Max||25V|
|Driver Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||16Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Product Range||UCC21520 Series|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 2 - 1 year|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- IGBT/MOSFET DRIVER, H-BRIDGE, 6A, SOIC16; Driver Configuration:Half Bridge; Peak Output Current:6A; Supply Voltage Min:6.5V; Supply Voltage Max:25V; Driver Case Style:SOIC; No. of Pins:16Pins; Input Delay:-; Output Delay:-; OperatingRoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 5.7kVrms, 4A/6A dual-channel isolated gate driver w/ dual input, disable pin, 8V UVLO in DW packa | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a UCC21520DW?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for UCC21520DW are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the UCC21520DW image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for UCC21520DW in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view UCC21520DW price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does UCC21520DW fall under?
The UCC21520DW is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to UCC21520DW when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the UCC21520DW you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the UCC21520DW RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for UCC21520DW have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for UCC21520DW.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for UCC21520DW often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of UCC21520DW?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for UCC21520DW from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.