TPS25921AD Part Information
The TPS25921 is a compact, feature rich eFuse with a full suite of protection functions. The wide operating voltage allows control of many popular DC buses. The precise ±2% current limit, at room temperature, provides excellent accuracy making the TPS25921 well suited for many system protection applications. Load, source and device protection are provided with multiple programmable features including overcurrent, overvoltage and undervoltage. 3% threshold accuracy for UV and OV, ensures tight supervision of bus voltages, eliminating the need for supervisor circuitry. Fault flag output (FLT) is provided for system status monitoring and down stream load control. For hot-plug-in boards, TPS25921 provides in-rush current control and programmable output ramp-rate. Output ramp rate is programmable using a capacitor at soft-start (SS) pin, for maximum design flexibility.
- -40u00b0C to 125u00b0C Junction Temperature Range
- 0.4 A to 1.6 A Adjustable Current Limit
- 4.5 V u2013 18 V Operating Voltage, 20 V (Max)
- 90 mu03a9 RDS(ON) (Typical)
- Auto-Retry and Latch-Off Versions
- Fault Output for Thermal Shutdown, UVLO and OVP
- Programmable dVO/dt Control
- UL2367 Recognized - File No. E169910
- UL60950 - Safe during Single Point Failure Test
- u00b12% Accurate ILIMIT at 1A at 25u00b0C
- u00b13% Overvoltage, Undervoltage Threshold
|Controller Applications||HDD and SSD Drives Set Top Boxes Smart Meters Gas Analyzers Smart Load Switch USB Switch|
|Supply Voltage Min||4.5V|
|Supply Voltage Max||18V|
|Controller IC Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||85°C|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- HOT SWAP CONTROLLER, 18V, SOIC-8; Controller Applications:HDD and SSD Drives, Set Top Boxes, Smart Meters, Gas Analyzers, Smart Load Switch, USB Switch; Input Voltage:-; Supply Voltage Min:4.5V; Supply Voltage Max:18V; Controller IC RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 4.5-V to 18-V, 90mΩ, 0.4-1.6A eFuse with auto retry fault response | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a TPS25921AD?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for TPS25921AD are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the TPS25921AD image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for TPS25921AD in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view TPS25921AD price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does TPS25921AD fall under?
The TPS25921AD is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Power Management.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to TPS25921AD when available in the Power Management range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the TPS25921AD you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the TPS25921AD RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for TPS25921AD have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for TPS25921AD.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for TPS25921AD often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of TPS25921AD?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for TPS25921AD from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.