TMP102AIDRLR Part Information
The TMP102 device is a digital temperature sensor ideal for NTC/PTC thermistor replacement where high accuracy is required. The device offers an accuracy of ±0.5°C without requiring calibration or external component signal conditioning. Device temperature sensors are highly linear and do not require complex calculations or lookup tables to derive the temperature. The on-chip 12-bit ADC offers resolutions down to 0.0625°C. The 1.6-mm × 1.6-mm SOT563 package is 68% smaller footprint than an SOT-23 package. The TMP102 device features SMBus™, two-wire and I2C interface compatibility, and allows up to four devices on one bus. The device also features an SMBus alert function. The device is specified to operate over supply voltages from 1.4 to 3.6 V with the maximum quiescent current of 10 µA over the full operating range. The TMP102 device is ideal for extended temperature measurement in a variety of communication, computer, consumer, environmental, industrial, and instrumentation applications. The device is specified for operation over a temperature range of –40°C to 125°C. The TMP102 production units are 100% tested against sensors that are NIST-traceable and are verified with equipment that are NIST-traceable through ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibrations.
- Accuracy Without Calibration: u2013 2.0u00b0C (max) from u201325u00b0C to 85u00b0C u2013 3.0u00b0C (max) from u201340u00b0C to 125u00b0C
- Digital Output: SMBusu2122, Two-Wire, and I2 C Interface Compatibility
- Low Quiescent Current: u2013 10-u03bcA Active (max) u2013 1-u03bcA Shutdown (max)
- NIST Traceable
- Resolution: 12 Bits
- SOT563 Package (1.6-mm u00d7 1.6-mm) is a 68% Smaller Footprint than SOT-23
- Supply Range: 1.4 to 3.6 V
|IC Output Type||Open Drain|
|Sensing Accuracy Range||± 1°C|
|Sensing Temperature Min||-55°C|
|Sensing Temperature Max||125°C|
|Sensor Case Style||SOT-563|
|No. of Pins||6Pins|
|Supply Voltage Min||1.4V|
|Supply Voltage Max||3.6V|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR, 1DEG C, SOT-563-6; IC Output Type:Open Drain; Sensing Accuracy Range:± 1°C; Sensing Temperature Min:-55°C; Sensing Temperature Max:125°C; Sensor Case Style:SOT-563; No. of Pins:6Pins; Supply Voltage Min:1.4V; RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- ±2°C 1.4V to 3.6V digital temperature sensor with I2C/SMBus in 2.56mm2 package | Texas Instruments
Analog temperature sensors still are popular. Replacing them with a digital alternative is popular for many reasons - in addition to increasing accuracy, total cost can be reduced by by eliminatingthe analog to digital converter.
From a technical point of view, the TMP102 is an extremely small temperature sensor. Texas Instruments forgoes the classic SOT-23 housing for a smaller version called SOT563 - it is but 1.6 x 1.2 mm small.
Like many - or even most - I2C temperature sensors, the TMP102 does not expose the full address range. Texas Instruments, however, does provide you with one address pin - this means that the TMP102 I2C temperature sensor can occupy two addresses, allowing you to connect two sensors to one bus.
In terms of accuracy, the part is relatively disciplined. In the range of -25 °C to +85 °C, at typical accuracy of 0.5 °C is achieved - the guaranteed maximum deviance is plus and minus 2 °C.