TCA9554ADBR Part Information
The TCA9554A is a 16-pin device that provides 8 bits of general purpose parallel input/output (I/O) expansion for the two-line bidirectional I2C bus (or SMBus) protocol. The device can operate with a power supply voltage ranging from 1.65 V to 5.5 V. The device supports both 100-kHz (Standard-mode) and 400-kHz (Fast-mode) clock frequencies. I/O expanders such as the TCA9554A provide a simple solution when additional I/Os are needed for switches, sensors, push-buttons, LEDs, fans, and other similar devices. The features of the TCA9554A include an interrupt that is generated on the INT pin whenever an input port changes state. The A0, A1, and A2 hardware selectable address pins allow up to eight TCA9554A devices on the same I2C bus. The device can also be reset to its default sate by cycling the power supply and causing a power-on reset.
- 400-kHz Fast I2 C Bus
- 5-V Tolerant I/O Ports
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- I2 C to Parallel Port Expander
- Input/Output Configuration Register
- Internal Power-On Reset
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive Maximum Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Low Standby Current Consumption
- No Glitch on Power Up
- Noise Filter on SCL/SDA Inputs
- Open-Drain Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Operating Power-Supply Voltage Range of 1.65 V to 5.5 V
- Polarity Inversion Register
- Power-Up With All Channels Configured as Inputs
- Three Hardware Address Pins Allow up to Eight Devices on the I2 C/SMBus
|IC Interface Type||I2C SMBus|
|Supply Voltage Min||1.65V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Interface Case Style||SSOP|
|No. of Pins||16Pins|
|No. of I/O's||8I/O's|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- I/O EXPANDER, 8BIT, 400KHZ, SSOP-16; Chip Configuration:8bit; Bus Frequency:400kHz; IC Interface Type:I2C, SMBus; Supply Voltage Min:1.65V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Interface Case Style:SSOP; No. of Pins:16Pins; No. of I/O s:8I/O s RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 8-bit 1.65- to 5.5-V I2C/SMBus I/O expander with interrupt, weak pull-up & config registers | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a TCA9554ADBR?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for TCA9554ADBR are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the TCA9554ADBR image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for TCA9554ADBR in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view TCA9554ADBR price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does TCA9554ADBR fall under?
The TCA9554ADBR is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to TCA9554ADBR when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the TCA9554ADBR you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the TCA9554ADBR RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for TCA9554ADBR have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for TCA9554ADBR.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for TCA9554ADBR often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of TCA9554ADBR?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for TCA9554ADBR from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.