SN65HVD256DR Part Information
This CAN transceiver meets the ISO1189-2 High Speed CAN (Controller Area Network) Physical Layer standard. It is designed for data rates in excess of 1 Mbps for CAN in short networks, and enhanced timing margin and higher data rates in long and highly-loaded networks. The device provides many protection features to enhance device and CANnetwork robustness. The SN65HVD257 device adds additional features, allowing for easy design of redundant and multitopology networks with fault indication for higher levels of functional safety in the CAN system.
- Characterized for u201340u00b0C to 125u00b0C Operation
- I/O Voltage Range Supports 3.3-V and 5-V MCUs
- Ideal Passive Behavior When Unpowered u2013 Bus and Logic Pins are High Impedance (No Load) u2013 Power Up and Power Down With Glitch-Free Operation on Bus
- Meets the Requirements of ISO11898-2
- Protection Features u2013 HBM ESD Protection Exceeds u00b112 kV u2013 Bus Fault Protection u201327 V to 40 V u2013 Undervoltage Protection on Supply Pins u2013 Driver Dominant Time Out (TXD DTO) u2013 SN65HVD257: Receiver-Dominant Time Out (RXD DTO) u2013 SN65HVD257: FAULT Output Pin u2013 Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Turbo CAN: u2013 Short and Symmetrical Propagation Delay Times and Fast Loop Times for Enhanced Timing Margin u2013 Higher Data Rates in CAN Networks
|IC Interface Type||-|
|No. of TX Buffers||1|
|No. of RX Buffers||1|
|Supply Voltage Min||4.5V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Interface Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- CAN TRANSCEIVER, 1TX/RX, SOIC-8; IC Interface Type:-; No. of TX Buffers:1; No. of RX Buffers:1; Supply Voltage Min:4.5V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Interface Case Style:SOIC; No. of Pins:8Pins; Operating Temperature Min:-40�C; RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- CAN Transceiver With Fast Loop Times for Highly Loaded Networks | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a SN65HVD256DR?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for SN65HVD256DR are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the SN65HVD256DR image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for SN65HVD256DR in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view SN65HVD256DR price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does SN65HVD256DR fall under?
The SN65HVD256DR is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to SN65HVD256DR when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the SN65HVD256DR you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the SN65HVD256DR RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for SN65HVD256DR have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for SN65HVD256DR.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for SN65HVD256DR often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of SN65HVD256DR?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for SN65HVD256DR from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.