MCP4461-103E/ST Part Information
The MCP446X devices are non-volatile, 8-bit (257 wiper steps) digital potentiometers with EEPROM and an I2C compatible interface. The MCP446X family is available with end-to-end resistor values of 5KΩ, 10KΩ, 50kΩ and 100KΩ. These devices offer WiperLock™ Technology which allows the user unlimited reprogramming and locking of the wiper setting. It is useful for equipment that requires factory trimming or recalibration. The MCP446X devices offer a variety of configurations simplifying design while minimizing cost, package size and pin count.
- Quad Resistor Network
- Potentiometer or Rheostat configuration options
- Resistor Network Resolution:
- 8-bit: 256 Resistors (257 Taps)
- Four RAB Resistances options:
- Zero-scale to Full-scale Wiper Operation
- Low Wiper Resistance – 75Ω typical
- Low Tempco:
- Absolute (Rheostat) – 50 ppm typical (0°-70°C)
- Ratiometric (Potentiometer) – 15 ppm typical
- Non-volatile Memory
- Automatic Recall of Saved Wiper Setting
- WiperLock™ Technology
- I 2 C™Compatible Serial Interface Support:
- 100 kHz
- 400 kHz
- 3.4 MHz
- Serial Protocol Allows :
- High-Speed Read/Write to wiper
- Read/Write to EEPROM
- Write Protect to be enabled/disable
- WiperLock to be enabled/disabled
- Resistor Network Terminal Disconnect Feature via Terminal Control (TCON) Register
- Reset Input Pin
- Write Protect Feature:
- Hardware Write Protect (WP) Control pin
- Software Write Protect (WP) Configuration bit
- Brown-out Reset Protection – 1.5V typical
- Serial Interface Inactive Current – 2.5 uA typical
- High-Voltage Tolerant Digital Inputs Up to 12.5V
- Supports Split Rail Applications
- Wide Operating Voltage:
- 2.7V to 5.5V - Device Characteristics Specified
- 1.8V to 5.5V - Device Operation
- Wide Bandwidth (-3 dB) Operation – 2 MHz typical for 5.0Ω Device
- Extended Temperature Range (-40°C to +125°C)
- Package Types: 4x4 QFN-20 and TSSOP-20
- AEC-Q100 Grade 1 quarlified
|Temp. Range (°C)||-40 to +125|
|Resolution (Number of Taps)||257|
|Resistance (ohms) k||5, 10, 50, 100|
|# of Channels||4|
|Vdd Min (V)||2.7|
|Vdd Max (V)||5.5|
|Nominal Resistance Tolerance (%)||20|
|Iq Standby Max (µA)||5|
|Resistance Wiper 5v Typ (ohm)||75|
|Potentiometer Temp Coefficient Typ (ppm)||15|
|RheostatTemp Coefficient typ (ppm)||50|
|Comments||HV tolerant digital inputs|
|Temperature Range||-40C to +125C|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Non Volatile Digital Potentiometer, 10 kohm, Quad, I2C, Linear, 20%, 2.7 V RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- MCP4461 Series Quad 8-Bit 257 Step I2C 10 kOhm Non Volatile Digital POT-TSSOP-20 | Future Electronics EMEA
- Digital Potentiometer 256POS 10k Ohm Quad 20-Pin TSSOP Tube | Avnet America
- 7/8 BIT QUAD I2C DIGITAL POTENTIOMETER | Microchip Technology Inc
- 10K, I2C, QUAD CHANNEL, 8-BIT, NONVOLATILE MEMORY | Allied Electronics & Automation
- Digital Potentiometer 256POS 10k Ohm Quad 20-Pin TSSOP Tube | Avnet Europe
- Non Volatile Digital Potentiometer [Microchip] MCP4461-103E/ST Non Volatile Digital Potentiometer | Distrelec
- MCP4461 Series Quad 8-Bit 257 Step I2C 10 kOhm Non Volatile Digital POT-TSSOP-20 | Future Electronics
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a MCP4461-103E/ST?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for MCP4461-103E/ST are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the MCP4461-103E/ST image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for MCP4461-103E/ST in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view MCP4461-103E/ST price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does MCP4461-103E/ST fall under?
The MCP4461-103E/ST is listed under MCP4461.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to MCP4461-103E/ST when available in the MCP4461 range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the MCP4461-103E/ST you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the MCP4461-103E/ST RoHS compliant?
This part has not been flagged as RoHS Compliant.
Which authorised distributors for MCP4461-103E/ST have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Future Electronics EMEA, Avnet America, Microchip Technology Inc and Allied Electronics & Automation have stock available or on a lead time for MCP4461-103E/ST.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for MCP4461-103E/ST often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of MCP4461-103E/ST?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for MCP4461-103E/ST from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.