MAX3232ID Part Information
The MAX3232 device consists of two line drivers, two line receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit with ±15-kV ESD protection terminal to terminal (serialport connection terminals, including GND). The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector. The charge pump and four small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The devices operate at data signaling rates up to 250 kbit/s and a maximum of 30-V/μs driver output slew rate.
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
- Alternative High-Speed Terminal-Compatible
- External Capacitors: 4 u00d7 0.1 u03bcF
- Low Supply Current: 300 u03bcA Typical
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA- 232-F and ITU V.28 Standards
- Operates With 3-V to 5.5-V VCC Supply
- Operates up to 250 kbit/s
- RS-232 Bus-Terminal ESD Protection Exceeds u00b115 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM)
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
|Device Type||RS232 Transceiver|
|IC Interface Type||RS232|
|No. of Drivers||2Drivers|
|No. of Receivers||2Receivers|
|Supply Voltage Min||3V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Driver Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||16Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||85°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|IC Generic Number||MAX3232|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|Line Bus Drive Receive Transceiver Type||Multichannel|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to +85°C|
|Supply Voltage Range||3V to 5.5V|
|Termination Type||Surface Mount Device|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- 3 - 5.5V RS232 Driver/Receiver MAX3232ID | RS Components
- IC, TRANSCEIVER, 16-SOIC; Device Type:RS232 Transceiver; IC Interface Type:RS232; No. of Drivers:2Drivers; No. of Receivers:2Receivers; Supply Voltage Min:3V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Driver Case Style:SOIC; No. of Pins:16Pins; RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- Dual Transmitter/Receiver RS-232 16-Pin SOIC Tube | Avnet America
- 3- to 5.5-V dual channel 250kbps RS-232 line driver/receiver with +/-15-kV ESD protection | Texas Instruments
- Transceiver [Texas Instruments] MAX3232ID Transceiver | Distrelec
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a MAX3232ID?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for MAX3232ID are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the MAX3232ID image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for MAX3232ID in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view MAX3232ID price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does MAX3232ID fall under?
The MAX3232ID is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to MAX3232ID when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the MAX3232ID you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the MAX3232ID RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for MAX3232ID have stock available?
Authorised distributors including RS Components, Newark Electronics, Avnet America, Texas Instruments and Distrelec have stock available or on a lead time for MAX3232ID.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for MAX3232ID often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of MAX3232ID?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for MAX3232ID from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.