LMK04208NKDT Part Information
The LMK04208 is a high performance clock conditioner with superior clock jitter cleaning, generation, and distribution with advanced features to meet next generation system requirements. The dual loop PLLatinum™ architecture is capable of 111 fs, RMS jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) using a low-noise VCXO module or sub-200 fs rms jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) using a low cost external crystal and varactor diode. The dual loop architecture consists of two highperformance phase-locked loops (PLL), a low-noise crystal oscillator circuit, and a high-performance voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The first PLL (PLL1) provides low-noise jitter cleaner functionality while the second PLL (PLL2) performs the clock generation. PLL1 can be configured to either work with an external VCXO module or the integrated crystal oscillator with an external tunable crystal and varactor diode. When paired with a very narrow loop bandwidth, PLL1 uses the superior close-in phase noise (offsets below 50 kHz) of the VCXO module or the tunable crystal to clean the input clock. The output of PLL1 is used as the clean input reference to PLL2 where it locks the integrated VCO. The loop bandwidth of PLL2 can be optimized to clean the farout phase noise (offsets above 50 kHz) where the integrated VCO outperforms the VCXO module or tunable crystal used in PLL1.
- 0-Delay Mode
- 25 ps Step Analog Delay Control
- 3.15-V to 3.45-V Operation
- 50 % Duty Cycle Output Divides, 1 to 1045 (Even and Odd)
- 6 LVPECL, LVDS, or LVCMOS Programmable Outputs
- 64-Pin WQFN Package (9.0 u00d7 9.0 u00d7 0.8 mm)
- 7 Differential Outputs, Up to 14 Single-Ended u2013 Up to 6 VCXO/Crystal Buffered Outputs
- Clock Rates of Up to 1536 MHz
- Digital Delay: Fixed or Dynamically Adjustable
- Dual Loop PLLatinumu2122 PLL Architecture
- Industrial Temperature Range: u201340u00b0C to +85u00b0C
- Multi-Mode: Dual PLL, Single PLL, and Clock Distribution
- PLL1 u2013 Integrated Low-Noise Crystal Oscillator Circuit u2013 Holdover Mode when Input Clocks are Lost u2013 Automatic or Manual Triggering/Recovery
- PLL2 u2013 Normalized PLL Noise Floor of u2013227 dBc/Hz u2013 Phase Detector Rate of Up to 155 MHz u2013 OSCin Frequency-Doubler u2013 Integrated Low-Noise VCO or External VCO Mode
- Three Default Clock Outputs at Power Up
- Two Redundant Input Clocks with LOS u2013 Automatic and Manual Switch-Over Modes
- Ultra-Low RMS Jitter Performance u2013 111 fs, RMS Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) u2013 123 fs, RMS Jitter (100 Hz to 20 MHz)
|Clock IC Type||Jitter Cleaner|
|No. of Outputs||7Outputs|
|Supply Voltage Min||3.15V|
|Supply Voltage Max||3.45V|
|Clock IC Case Style||WQFN|
|No. of Pins||64Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||85°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 3 - 168 hours|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Ultra low-noise clock jitter cleaner with 6 programmable outputs | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LMK04208NKDT?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LMK04208NKDT are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LMK04208NKDT image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LMK04208NKDT in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LMK04208NKDT price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LMK04208NKDT fall under?
The LMK04208NKDT is listed under Semiconductors - ICs > Clock Timing & Frequency Management > Clock Synthesizers & Generators.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LMK04208NKDT when available in the Clock Synthesizers & Generators range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LMK04208NKDT you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LMK04208NKDT RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LMK04208NKDT have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for LMK04208NKDT.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LMK04208NKDT often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LMK04208NKDT?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LMK04208NKDT from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.