LM2917N/NOPB Part Information
The LM2907 and LM2917 devices are monolithic frequency-to-voltage converters with a high gain op amp designed to operate a relay, lamp, or other load when the input frequency reaches or exceeds a selected rate. The tachometer uses a charge pump technique and offers frequency doubling for lowripple, full-input protection in two versions (8-pin LM2907 and LM2917), and its output swings to ground for a zero frequency input. The op amp is fully compatible with the tachometer and has a floating transistor as its output. This feature allows either a ground or supply referred load of up to 50 mA. The collector may be taken above VCC up to a maximum VCE of 28 V. The two basic configurations offered include an 8-pin device with a ground-referenced tachometer input and an internal connection between the tachometer output and the op amp noninverting input. This version is well suited for single speed or frequency switching or fully buffered frequency-to-voltage conversion applications.
- 50-mA Sink or Source to Operate Relays, Solenoids, Meters, or LEDs
- Easy to Use; VOUT = fIN u00d7 VCC u00d7 R1 u00d7 C1
- Frequency Doubling For Low Ripple
- Ground Referenced Tachometer Input Interfaces Directly With Variable Reluctance Magnetic Pickups
- Ground-Referenced Tachometer is Fully Protected From Damage Due to Swings Above VCC and Below Ground
- Op Amp Has Floating Transistor Output
- Output Swings to Ground For Zero Frequency Input
- Tachometer Has Built-In Hysteresis With Either Differential Input or Ground Referenced Input
- Zener Regulator on Chip allows Accurate and
- u00b10.3% Linearity (Typical)
|Full Scale Range||-|
|Supply Voltage Range||0V to 28V|
|Digital IC Case||DIP|
|No. of Pins||14Pins|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Frequency - Voltage Converter LM2917N | RS Components
- FREQUENCY TO VOLTAGE CONV, 0.3%, DIP-14; Frequency:5kHz; Full Scale Range:-; Linearity %:0.3%; Supply Voltage Range:0V to 28V; Digital IC Case:DIP; No. of Pins:14Pins; Product Range:-; MSL:MSL 1 - Unlimited; SVHC:No SVHC RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- Integrated circuit: f/U converter; Channels: 1; 50mA; 6÷28VDC | Transfer Multisort Elektronik
- Frequency to Voltage Converter for ground or supply referred load up to 50-mA (with zener regulator) | Texas Instruments
- U/F converter IC [Texas Instruments] LM2917N/NOPB U/F converter IC | Distrelec
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LM2917N/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LM2917N/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LM2917N/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LM2917N/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LM2917N/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LM2917N/NOPB fall under?
The LM2917N/NOPB is listed under Semiconductors - ICs > Data & Signal Conversion > V/F & F/V Converters.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LM2917N/NOPB when available in the V/F & F/V Converters range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LM2917N/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LM2917N/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LM2917N/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including RS Components, Newark Electronics, Transfer Multisort Elektronik, Texas Instruments and Distrelec have stock available or on a lead time for LM2917N/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LM2917N/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LM2917N/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LM2917N/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.