LM2678T-12/NOPB Part Information
The LM2678 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits which provide all of the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator capable of driving up to 5-A loads with excellent line and load regulation characteristics. High efficiency (>90%) is obtained through the use of a low ONresistance DMOS power switch. The series consists of fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V and an adjustable output version. The SIMPLE SWITCHER® concept provides for a complete design using a minimum number of external components. A high fixed frequency oscillator (260 kHz) allows the use of physically smaller sized components. A family of standard inductors for use with the LM2678 are available from several manufacturers to greatly simplify the design process. The LM2678 series also has built-in thermal shutdown, current limiting, and an ON/OFF control input that can power down the regulator to a low 50μA quiescent current standby condition. The output voltage is ensured to a ±2% tolerance. The clock frequency is controlled to within a ±11% tolerance.
- 120-mu03a9 DMOS Output Switch
- 260-kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- 3.3-V, 5-V, and 12-V Fixed Output and Adjustable (1.2 V to 37 V) Versions
- 50-u03bcA Standby Current When Switched OFF
- Efficiency Up to 92%
- Simple and Easy to Design Using Off-the-Shelf External Components
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 V to 40 V
- u00b12% Maximum Output Tolerance Over Full Line and Load Conditions
- u221240 to 125u00b0C Operating Junction Temperature
|Topology||Buck (Step Down)|
|Input Voltage Min||8V|
|Input Voltage Max||40V|
|DC / DC Converter IC Case||TO-220|
|No. of Pins||7Pins|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Step-down switching regulator,LM2678T-12 | RS Components
- STEP-DOWN REGULATOR, TO-220-7; Topology:Buck (Step Down); Input Voltage Min:8V; Input Voltage Max:40V; DC / DC Converter IC Case:TO-220; No. of Pins:7Pins; Output Current:5A; Switching Frequency:260kHz; Product Range:-; MSL:- RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- PMIC; DC/DC converter; Uin: 8÷40V; Uout: 12V; TO220-7; buck | Transfer Multisort Elektronik
- Switch. Reg 5A 12V 45Vs TO220-7 | Schukat Electronic
- 8V to 40V, 5A SIMPLE SWITCHER® buck converter with high efficiency | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LM2678T-12/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LM2678T-12/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LM2678T-12/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LM2678T-12/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LM2678T-12/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LM2678T-12/NOPB fall under?
The LM2678T-12/NOPB is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Power Management.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LM2678T-12/NOPB when available in the Power Management range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LM2678T-12/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LM2678T-12/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LM2678T-12/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including RS Components, Newark Electronics, Transfer Multisort Elektronik, Schukat Electronic and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for LM2678T-12/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LM2678T-12/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LM2678T-12/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LM2678T-12/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.