LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB Part Information
The LM2672 series of regulators are monolithic integrated DC-DC converter built with a LMDMOS process. These regulators provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 1-A load current with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include patented internal frequency compensation, fixed frequency oscillator, external shutdown, softstart, and frequency synchronization. The LM2672 series operates at a switching frequency of 260 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what is required with lower frequency switching regulators. Because of its very high efficiency (>90%), the copper traces on the printed-circuit board are the only heat sinking required.
- 260-kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.21 V to 37 V
- Available in 8-Pin SOIC and PDIP Packages
- Efficiency up to 96%
- Requires only 5 External Components
- Soft-Start and Frequency Synchronization
- Specified 1-A Output Load Current
- TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 V to 40 V
- u00b11.5% Maximum Output Voltage Tolerance Over Line and Load Conditions
|Topology||Buck (Step Down)|
|Input Voltage Min||6.5V|
|Input Voltage Max||40V|
|DC / DC Converter IC Case||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Output Voltage Nom.||5V|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- DC/DC CONV, BUCK, 400KHZ, SOIC-8; Topology:Buck (Step Down); Input Voltage Min:6.5V; Input Voltage Max:40V; DC / DC Converter IC Case:SOIC; No. of Pins:8Pins; Output Current:1A; Output Voltage Nom.:5V; Switching Frequency:400kHz; RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- SIMPLE SWITCHER® 6.5V to 40V, 1A Low Component Count Step-Down Regulator | Texas Instruments
- Switching controller IC [Texas Instruments] LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB Switching controller IC | Distrelec
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB fall under?
The LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Power Management.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB when available in the Power Management range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Texas Instruments and Distrelec have stock available or on a lead time for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LM2672MX-5.0/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.