LM2594N-12/NOPB Part Information
The LM2594xx series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 0.5-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version, and are packaged in a 8-pin PDIP and a 8pin surface-mount SOIC package. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and feature internal frequency compensation, a fixedfrequency oscillator, and improved line and load regulation specifications. The LM2594xx series operates at a switching frequency of 150-kHz, thus allowing smaller-sized filter components than what would be needed with lower-frequency switching regulators. Because of its high efficiency, the copper traces on the printedcircuit board are normally the only heat sinking needed.
- 150-kHz Fixed-Frequency Internal Oscillator
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.2 V to 37 V (57 V for the HV Version), u00b14% Maximum Over Line and Load Conditions
- Available in 8-Pin Surface-Mount SOIC and 8-Pin PDIP Packages
- Ensured 0.5-A Output Current
- High Efficiency
- Input Voltage Range up to 60 V
- Low Power Standby Mode, IQ Typically 85 u03bcA
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- TTL Shutdown Capability
- Thermal Shutdown and Current-Limit Protection
- Uses Readily-Available Standard Inductors
|Topology||Buck (Step Down)|
|Input Voltage Min||4.5V|
|Input Voltage Max||40V|
|DC / DC Converter IC Case||DIP|
|No. of Pins||8Pins|
|Output Voltage Nom.||12V|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- DC/DC CONV, BUCK, 150KHZ, DIP-8; Topology:Buck (Step Down); Input Voltage Min:4.5V; Input Voltage Max:40V; DC / DC Converter IC Case:DIP; No. of Pins:8Pins; Output Current:500mA; Output Voltage Nom.:12V; Switching Frequency:150kHz; RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- SIMPLE SWITCHER® 40V, 500mA Low Component Count Step-Down Regulator | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a LM2594N-12/NOPB?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for LM2594N-12/NOPB are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the LM2594N-12/NOPB image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for LM2594N-12/NOPB in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view LM2594N-12/NOPB price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does LM2594N-12/NOPB fall under?
The LM2594N-12/NOPB is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Power Management.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to LM2594N-12/NOPB when available in the Power Management range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the LM2594N-12/NOPB you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the LM2594N-12/NOPB RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for LM2594N-12/NOPB have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for LM2594N-12/NOPB.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for LM2594N-12/NOPB often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of LM2594N-12/NOPB?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for LM2594N-12/NOPB from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.