ISO7721DW Part Information
The ISO772x devices are high-performance, dualchannel digital isolators with 5000 VRMS (DW package) and 3000 VRMS (D package) isolation ratings per UL 1577. These devices are also certified by VDE, TUV, CSA, and CQC. The ISO772x devices provide high electromagnetic immunity and low emissions at low power consumption, while isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os. Each isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by a silicon dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier. The ISO7720 device has both channels in the same direction while the ISO7721 device has both channels in the opposite direction. In the event of input power or signal loss, the default output is high for devices without suffix F and low for devices with suffix F. See the Device Functional Modes section for further details. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, these devices help prevent noise currents on a data bus or other circuits from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chip design and layout techniques, the electromagnetic compatibility of the ISO772x devices has been significantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge, and emissions compliance. The ISO772x family of devices is available in 16-pin SOIC wide-body (DW) and 8-pin SOIC narrow-body (D) packages.
- 2.25-V to 5.5-V Level Translation
- Default Output High and Low Options
- High CMTI: u00b1100 kV/u03bcs Typical
- Isolation Barrier Life: >40 Years
- Low Power Consumption, Typical 1.7 mA per Channel at 1 Mbps
- Low Propagation Delay: 11 ns Typical (5-V Supplies)
- Robust Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) u2013 System-Level ESD, EFT, and Surge Immunity u2013 Low Emissions
- Safety and Regulatory Approvals:
- Signaling Rate: Up to 100 Mbps
- Wide Supply Range: 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- Wide Temperature Range: u201355u00b0C to +125u00b0C
- Wide-SOIC (DW-16) and Narrow-SOIC (D-8) Package Options
|No. of Channels||2 Channel|
|Supply Voltage Min||2.25V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Interface Case Style||SOIC|
|No. of Pins||16Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-55°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 1 - Unlimited|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- DIGITAL ISOLATOR, 2-CH, 100MBPS, SOIC-16; No. of Channels:2 Channel; Propagation Delay:11ns; Supply Voltage Min:2.25V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Interface Case Style:SOIC; No. of Pins:16Pins; Operating Temperature Min:-55�C; OperatingRoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- Robust EMC, dual-channel, 1/1, reinforced digital isolator | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a ISO7721DW?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for ISO7721DW are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the ISO7721DW image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for ISO7721DW in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view ISO7721DW price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does ISO7721DW fall under?
The ISO7721DW is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to ISO7721DW when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the ISO7721DW you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the ISO7721DW RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for ISO7721DW have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for ISO7721DW.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for ISO7721DW often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of ISO7721DW?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for ISO7721DW from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.