ISO5851DW Part Information
The ISO5851 is a 5.7-kVRMS, reinforced isolated gate driver for IGBTs and MOSFETs with 2.5-A source and 5-A sink current. The input side operates from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The output side allows for a supply range from minimum 15 V to maximum 30 V. Two complementary CMOS inputs control the output state of the gate driver. The short propagation time of 76 ns assures accurate control of the output stage. An internal desaturation (DESAT) fault detection recognizes when the IGBT is in an overload condition. Upon a DESAT detect, the gate driver output is driven low to VEE2 potential, turning the IGBT immediately off. When desaturation is active, a fault signal is sent across the isolation barrier, pulling the FLT output at the input side low and blocking the isolator input. The FLT output condition is latched and can be reset through a low-active pulse at the RST input.
- 100-kV/u03bcs Minimum Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) at VCM = 1500 V
- 15-V to 30-V Output Driver Supply Voltage
- 2-A Active Miller Clamp
- 2.5-A Peak Source and 5-A Peak Sink Currents
- 3-V to 5.5-V Input Supply Voltage
- Active Output Pull-down and Default Low Outputs with Low Supply or Floating Inputs
- CMOS Compatible Inputs
- Fault Alarm upon Desaturation Detection is Signaled on FLT and Reset Through RST
- Input and Output Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) with Ready (RDY) Pin Indication
- Isolation Surge Withstand Voltage 12800-VPK
- Operating Temperature: u201340u00b0C to +125u00b0C Ambient
- Output Short-Circuit Clamp
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter Than 20 ns
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- Short Propagation Delay: 76 ns (Typ), 110 ns (Max)
|Driver Configuration||Inverting Non Inverting|
|Peak Output Current||5A|
|Supply Voltage Min||3V|
|Supply Voltage Max||5.5V|
|Driver Case Style||WSOIC|
|No. of Pins||16Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||-40°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|RoHS Phthalates Compliant||Yes|
|MSL||MSL 2 - 1 year|
|SVHC||No SVHC (27-Jun-2018)|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- MOSFET/IGBT DRIVER, INV/NON-INV, WSOIC16; Driver Configuration:Inverting, Non Inverting; Peak Output Current:5A; Supply Voltage Min:3V; Supply Voltage Max:5.5V; Driver Case Style:WSOIC; No. of Pins:16Pins; Input Delay:76ns; Output RoHS Compliant: Yes | Newark Electronics
- 2.5-A / 5-A 5.7-kV RMS single channel isolated gate driver with protection features | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a ISO5851DW?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for ISO5851DW are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the ISO5851DW image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for ISO5851DW in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view ISO5851DW price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does ISO5851DW fall under?
The ISO5851DW is listed under Electronic & Electrical Components > Semiconductors - ICs > Driver & Interface ICs.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to ISO5851DW when available in the Driver & Interface ICs range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the ISO5851DW you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the ISO5851DW RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for ISO5851DW have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics and Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for ISO5851DW.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for ISO5851DW often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of ISO5851DW?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for ISO5851DW from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.