BQ24031EVM Part Information
The bqTINY™ III-series of devices are highly integrated Li-ion linear chargers and system powerpath management devices targeted at space-limited portable applications. The bqTINY III-series offer integrated USB-port and DC supply (AC adapter), power-path management with autonomous powersource selection, power FETs and current sensors, high accuracy current and voltage regulation, charge status, and charge termination, in a single monolithic device. The bqTINY III-series powers the system while independently charging the battery. This feature reduces the charge and discharge cycles on the battery, allows for proper charge termination and allows the system to run with an absent or defective battery pack. This feature also allows for the system to instantaneously turn on from an external power source in the case of a deeply discharged battery pack. The IC design is focused on supplying continuous power to the system when available from the AC, USB, or battery sources.
- 3.3-V Integrated LDO Output
- Autonomous Power Source Selection (AC Adapter or USB)
- Charge Status Outputs for LED or System Interface Indicates Charge and Fault Conditions
- Charge Voltage Options: 4.1 V, 4.2 V, or 4.36 V
- Designed for Single-Cell Li-Ion- or Li-Polymer- Based Portable Applications
- Dynamic Total Current Management for USB
- Integrated Dynamic Power-Path Management (DPPM) Feature Allowing the AC Adapter or the USB Port to Simultaneously Power the System and Charge the Battery
- Integrated USB Charge Control With Selectable 100-mA and 500-mA Maximum Input Current Regulation Limits
- Power Good (AC Adapter and USB Port Present) Status Outputs
- Power Supplement Mode Allows Battery to Supplement the USB or AC Input Current
- Reverse Current, Short-Circuit, and Thermal Protection
- Small 3.5-mm u00d7 4.5-mm QFN Package
- Supports Up to 2-A Total Current
- Thermal Regulation for Charge Control
|Silicon Manufacturer||Texas Instruments|
|Silicon Core Number||BQ24031|
|Kit Application Type||Power Management - Battery|
|Application Sub Type||Battery Charger|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- BQ24031 Evaluation Module regulated for a 6V Battery | Texas Instruments
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a BQ24031EVM?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for BQ24031EVM are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the BQ24031EVM image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for BQ24031EVM in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view BQ24031EVM price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does BQ24031EVM fall under?
The BQ24031EVM is listed under Education Maker & Hobbyist Electronics > Development Boards & Evaluation Kits > Battery Management Development Kits.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to BQ24031EVM when available in the Battery Management Development Kits range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the BQ24031EVM you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the BQ24031EVM RoHS compliant?
This part has not been flagged as RoHS Compliant.
Which authorised distributors for BQ24031EVM have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Texas Instruments have stock available or on a lead time for BQ24031EVM.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for BQ24031EVM often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of BQ24031EVM?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for BQ24031EVM from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.