ADM00664 Part Information
The MCP1663 device is a compact, high-efficiency, fixed-frequency, non-synchronous step-up DC-DC converter which integrates a 36V, 400 mΩ NMOS switch. It provides a space-efficient high-voltage step-up power supply solution for applications powered by either two-cell or three-cell alkaline, Ultimate Lithium, NiCd, NiMH, one-cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries. The integrated switch is protected by the 1.8A cycle-by-cycle inductor peak current limit operation. There is an output overvoltage protection which turns off switching in case the feedback resistors are accidentally disconnected or the feedback pin is short-circuited to GND. Low-voltage technology allows the regulator to start-up without high inrush current or output voltage overshoot from a low-voltage input. The device features a UVLO which avoids start-up and operation with low inputs or discharged batteries for two cell-powered applications. For standby applications (EN = GND), the device stops switching, enters sleep mode and consumes 0.3 µA (typical) of input current. MCP1663 is easy to use and allows creating classic boost, SEPIC or flyback DC-DC converters within a small Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area. All compensation and protection circuitry is integrated to minimize the number of external components. Ceramic input and output capacitors are used.
- 1.8A Peak Input Current Limit:
- Available Packages:
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- Disconnected feedback divider
- Easily Configurable for SEPIC, Cuk or Flyback Topologies
- Feedback Voltage Reference: VFB = 1.227V
- Feedback pin shorted to GND
- IOUT > 150 mA @ 4.2V VIN, 24V VOUT
- IOUT > 200 mA @ 3.3V VIN, 12V VOUT
- IOUT > 375 mA @ 5.0V VIN, 12V VOUT
- Input Voltage Range: 2.4V to 5.5V
- Inrush Current Limiting and Internal Soft Start
- Internal Compensation
- No Load Input Current: 250 u00b5A, typical
- Output Overvoltage Protection (OVP) in the event of:
- Output Voltage Range: up to 32V
- Overtemperature Protection
- PWM Operation with Skip Mode: 500 kHz
- Sleep mode with 0.3 u00b5A Typical Shutdown Quiescent Current
- UVLO @ VIN Falling: 1.85V, typical
- UVLO @ VIN Rising: 2.3V, typical
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO):
- Up to 92% Efficiency
|Silicon Core Number||MCP1663|
|Kit Application Type||Power Management - Voltage Regulator|
|Application Sub Type||Boost Converter|
|Kit Contents||Eval Board MCP1663|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||-|
|SVHC||No SVHC (15-Jan-2018)|
|Features||Boost Regulator 500kHz PWM Switching 0.25A/9V/12V & 24V O/P 2.4-5.5V I/P Compensation/Protection|
Alternative Part Descriptions
- Silicon Manufacturer:Microchip; Silicon Core Number:MCP1663; Kit Application Type:Power Management - Voltage Regulator; Application Sub Type:Boost Converter; Kit Contents:Eval Board MCP1663; Product Range:- RoHS Compliant: NA | Newark Electronics
- MCP1663 9V/12V/24V Output Boost Regulator Evaluation Board | Avnet America
- MCP1663 9V/12V/24V Output Boost Regulator Evaluation Board | Microchip Technology Inc
- MCP1663 9V/12V/24V Output Boost Regulator Evaluation Board | Avnet Europe
- LINEAR ICS - EVALUATION BOARD | Richardson RFPD
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find additional details, specifications and documents for a ADM00664?
Additional datasheets, footprints and schematics for ADM00664 are listed in our Part Details tab. You can also find the ADM00664 image and similar parts on this details page.
What pricing and inventory information can I view?
Distributor pricing and stock information is available for ADM00664 in the Pricing & Inventory tab next to part details. You can view ADM00664 price breaks, MOQs, lead times, inventory and SKUs from distributors.
What category does ADM00664 fall under?
The ADM00664 is listed under Education Maker & Hobbyist Electronics > Development Boards & Evaluation Kits > Power Management Development Kits.
Can I view similar or alternative parts?
You can view similar parts to ADM00664 when available in the Power Management Development Kits range under the specifications section at the bottom of the details page.
Who can I contact for technical support of the product?
Submit any questions directly to the customer support team of the distributor listing the product. For the ADM00664 you can contact the distributor directly for product support, shipping queries etc.
Is the ADM00664 RoHS compliant?
Yes. This part has been flagged as RoHS Compliant by Farnell.
Which authorised distributors for ADM00664 have stock available?
Authorised distributors including Newark Electronics, Avnet America, Microchip Technology Inc, Avnet Europe and Richardson RFPD have stock available or on a lead time for ADM00664.
How do I check stock and lead times for all distributors?
Stock availability and lead times will be displayed for ADM00664 often in real-time on the comparison pages.
What if I can't find stock of ADM00664?
You can fill out our help required form which you can use to request a quote for ADM00664 from some of our verified obsolescence suppliers. Alternatively, contact us via our web chat in the bottom left of your screen and one of our team will try to help.