EV200HAANA KILOVAC Contactor by TE Connectivity
EV200HAANA is a small and lightweight high voltage relay contactor manufactured by TE Connectivity, a company that provides solutions for aircraft, smart homes, digital factories, and electric vehicles with connectivity and sensing products. The EV200HAANA carries the prestigious KILOVAC brand label and boasts of a contact current rating of 500+A.
This hermetically-sealed contactor is dependable and safe in harsh environments, even after long gaps of non-activity or non-operation. In addition, despite operating in extremely difficult conditions, contacts or coils are not contaminated and the contactor remains oxidation-free.
The EV200HAANA is ideal for DC voltage power control, circuit protection & safety, and battery-switching and back-up.
In its earlier days, a relay served as a signal repeater for long distance telegraph circuits. It played a significant role in the development of early computers, as it allowed the devices to do logical operations. Relays were also used in the facilitation of telephone exchanges.
The first electrolytic relay was created by Samuel Thomas von Sommering in 1809. He used it for an electrochemical telegraph.
What is a Relay?
A relay, like EV200HAANA, is an electric switch that changes small electrical stimuli to larger currents using electromagnetism. It has different operating contact terminals and several input terminals that are intended for single or multiple control signals. It may also have multiple contact forms like break and make contacts, or a combination of the two.
When a relay converts weak or small inputs to larger or stronger ones, it becomes an amplifier or a switch for an electric circuit. This depends on what the application is intended for.
A relay can be effectively utilized for both simple and complex circuits. Likewise, it can be used as a substitute for other types of switches and can even be customized according to the needed amperage.
A relay is useful in situations that require just one signal to control multiple circuits.
The EV200HAANA and other relays have different characteristics, specifically in terms of capacity, uses, and size. What they do share is the same purpose. Relays use a circuit in powering up another circuit.
Types of Relays
There are many types of relays, but the following are the most popular ones:
- Automotive Relays are used in automotive applications, like in windshield wipers, headlights, and alarm systems.
- Sequential Relays is used for powering up multiple components one after the other in a specified order. Some examples include sequencing power supply and runway lights.
- Time Delay Relays are utilized for powering components for a specified length or period of time, and when a component had to be powered on and off after a delay.
The EV200HAANA is designed with the best qualities and features:
- Easy monitoring or power contact position via optional auxiliary contact
- A built-in coil economizer
- Contact resistance = 0.2. Milliohms
- Lightweight = 0.95 lbs.
- Coil wire length of 15.3”
- Versatile coil and power connections
- Mechanical life = 1 million cycles
- Release time = 12 ms
- Operate time = 15 ms
- cULUS-certified and CE-marked for EC applications
Published: July 9, 2021